Don't miss the hilariously wacky, horrible history stories come to life in the new stage show!Read More
Lauren Oliver is a wonderful local mum with a passion for connecting mums together 'outside of their children' and so she came up with an idea for getting together once a month to hang out. This was a closed Facebook group called 'Inner west mums who wine' it has been so successful the ticketed events sell out super fast and the group now has over 1200 members!
Following the success of this group and her own experience as a mum, she wanted to go further and create an avenue for mums to prioritise themselves every day, not just relying on the Facebook monthly events. This passion has led to the birth of her recently launched business Mums Who Wine . Mums Who Wine is a VIP membership only for mums - this membership cost's $59 and gives every mum access (and indeed the motivation to make herself a priority) to a range of benefits/discounts on EVERY VISIT to these westie spots:
- Free glass of wine/bubbles/beer at Hellenic Hotel, Junction Hotel, Back Alley Sally’s, Lady Moustache, The Station Hotel, Shadowfax Wines and Two Birds Brewery;
- Free coffee at Doyle and Sons and Birdcage Altona Café;
- 30 minute pamper upgrade and 15% off at Lavanya Spa Retreat;
- $500 discount per case of wine from Old Friends Winery
- % discounts at Say it Sister, Mabel and Woods, Hiit Factory, The Anchorage, Up in Smoke, Aware Health.
- Online discounts at Alchemy Produx Candles (30%), Bondi Sands (25%), Bubbelini (20%), Bigibila Wines (20%) and Hartwo (20%)
- 20 complimentary prints from Upon Our Days Photography
- Free cupcakes from A Bunch of Cakes and Free churros from El Burro!
Plus from 1 August 2017 your membership will also give you access to a range of affiliates on the Mornington Peninsula including Dromana Estate, Lakeside Villas at Crittenden Estate, Aurelia Boutique, Flinders Hotel and many more!
The best part is that 5% of all proceeds are donated to PANDA (Perinantal Anxiety and Depression Australia) to help reduce stigma and increase awareness about perinatal depression. A very important issue for both mums and dads, and something that Mums Who Wine is very passionate about.
So go on – prioritise yourself and buy a membership today. Because every mum deserves VIP treatment..
Funtopia World is going to be a bit different to TunzaFun Xtreme and we can’t wait to see it!
It will feature two worlds – Climbing World and Playground World.
Climbing World will feature 40 interactive climbing walls from beginner to advanced. Playground World is going to be one of the biggest playground arenas in Australia with five levels of fun. The coolest part? It’s themed with the highlights of Australia – a giant Melbourne tram, the Sydney Harbour Bridge and more. Playground World will also have a designated area for toddlers.
They are also busy putting the finishing touches on their own café, Mr Spriggins. Mr Spriggins will open up next door and serve specialty coffee, amazing food and some pretty wild desserts.
Mamma says with their own HUGE carpark, cafe and play areas this is set to become a westie fam favourite in no time - the ETA on opening is June (just in time for Winter) but head over to their FACEBOOK page and keep an eye on updates. We will also keep you updated of course.
The Mamma's have some very exciting news to share with you all! We will be partnering AND collaborating with PEET Limited over the coming months to bring EVEN MORE family fun to our ever growing west community!Read More
Kangatraining Australia and PANDA are joining forces to bring awareness to Perinatal Anxiety and Depression through Health and Wellness event including a picnic & fun flashmob.
AT: Edinburgh Gardens in Fitzroy on Saturday November 19. The event will be heaps of fun with guest speakers
including the fabulous Olivia White from House of White & Laura Mazza from Mum on the Run, stalls, kids activities, sausage sizzle and much more.
- Kangatraining Flashmob
- Messy Monsters Sensory Play for the little ones
- Stalls including Mama Body Tea & Jack n Jill, Salts of the Earth, Baby Presents
- The Teeny Rabbit coffee van
You can purchase raffle tickets at$5 each which gives you 2 entries into our draw with wonderful donated prizes.
Awesome prizes including
- Manduca Pure Cotton carrier with rainbow zip in & pouch
- A 90 minute babywearing consulation with Liz from Babywearing School Australia
- 3 x Messy Faces vouchers for 7 meals & delivery valued $47 each
- Taryn Brumfitt "Embrace" book
- Constance Hall "Like A Queen" book
- Everli Creations candle
- 3 x $50 Baby Bistro vouchers
- A one hour post natal massage at Fertile Ground Health Group
- A 90 minute mother roasting massage treatment at Fertile Ground Health Group|
- 3 x 30 minute osteopathic mother-baby health check at Fertile Ground Health Group
- |2 x double passes to a Tiny Hearts First Aid course valued at $380
- 1 x Jack N' Jill Kids Natural Tooth Care gift set
- Cath Smith Arbonne Independent Consultant Arbonne Mum & Bub pack
- valued at over $100 to our raffle prize pool
- 1 x Flat Out Mum Smart Cup
Who would have thought that 3 years ago when Mamma Sammi and Mamma Mandy first had the idea of creating Mamma Knows West - that it would be such a valued and popular resource for so many families.Read More
The Station Hotel is BACK!
After a fire destroyed the kitchen in April - The Station Hotel in Footscray closed it's doors to make repairs. This popular pub is famous for it's amazing food, atmosphere and service has finally announced it will be re-opening its doors, this Friday on August 5 serving meals from 5pm.Read More