The Show is an event you MUST head to with the family. They do such a great job on providing fun for the whole family and if you get the opportunity to go then Mamma says DO IT.
You can go if you have a budget too - one way is to bring your own food, the food is fantastic but it adds up when you consider everything else you may want to buy. If you go on the last day and there are lot's of LAST DAY specials happening and the Bertie Beetle Showbag is still only $3 bucks! There are also good value tickets available online too like - like the after 5pm super saver and other online options.
Mamma's hot tips:
- get there EARLY, gates open at 10am - it is relatively quiet and you can get your bearings and a car park if you are driving (usually at the nearby primary school)
- strollers and prams are OK if you plan on leaving mid arvo (3-4 hours is usually enough for my little kiddies) where it's not too crazy busy, they provide a good place to load up your goodies and come in handy for tired little legs.
- go to the Animal Nursery as soon as its opens (both the kids and the animals are fresh and again it's not too crowded)
- go to the Farmhouse Early too and check the program of activities like Cow Milking.
- definitely pop in to the Food Pavilion - there are some amazing food stalls and plenty to choose from for kids and big people.
- choose your budget on showbags before going and get them at the end - click here to view this years show bags
- if you go on one ride make it the Ferris Wheel, great views!
Mamma Knows West is giving away 3 family passes on Facebook at the moment too! So click here to enter.
the nitty gritty
Saturday 23 September
to Tuesday 3 October at Melbourne Showgrounds.
10:00am - 9:00pm daily
Various ticket prices available - head to